“Let us the approach God’s throne of Grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need”
It is a privilege for us to pray, for God made a way for us to pray through the Lord Jesus Christ:
- He has set up a Mercy Seat sprinkled with the blood of Jesus (John3:16)
- He has prepared a High Priest forever living to make intercession for us (Heb 4:14-16)
- He has given us the Holy Spirit to help us and comfort us and to teach us to pray (Rom 8:26)
- The Lord Himself receives our prayers (not an angel or a prophet or a saint or Mary.
- You have been spared to pray if you are still alive.
We have a great opportunity in prayer:
- The result of prayer is peace.
- He will give you what you ask for in prayer (Help, provision, protection, direction, strength)
- Ask for our plans to be blessed.
- Ask for the will of God to be revealed to us.